This year EA had a lot to bring to the table and they certainly had something for everyone, to get things started they opened with something most of us had been hoping for but really didn’t expect to see at this years E3.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: While it was only a brief glimpse, it was enough to show fans that the Mass Effect universe will be returning in a big way in a whole new galaxy
- Star Wars Old Republic: Coming soon to expand the already impressive universe of the Old Republic is Knights of the Fallen Empire, which has a strong focus on Biowares cinematic storytelling, raises the level cap to 65 and will be free to all current subscribers.
- Need for Speed: This was one of my most anticipated announcements of E3 and it certainly didn’t disappoint, with the game featuring elements of Need for Speed Underground and Carbon shown though the vehicle tuning and customisation functionality, a map twice the size of Rivals and even though this was early game footage so far it looks phenomenal.
- Unravel: This was a bit of a surprise announcement, in Unravel you play as a cute little character called Yarny who may be just a little character, but he is on a big adventure in this physics/puzzle platformer that looks both visually brilliant and hopefully great to fun to play.
- PVZ Garden Warfare 2: On the sucess of the first Plants vs Zombies game, comes Garden Warfare 2, but unlike any other game in the Plants vs Zombies franchise, this time the plants are the invaders and each side has new classes to deal with the battle ahead. Zombies now have the Imp and Z-Mech, Captain Deadbeard and Super Brains (Speed/Tank, Sniper and Melee types) and the the Plants have Citron, Rose and Kernel Corn but no new information has been released about them as yet. Garden Warfare 2 will also feature a single player and split screen mode for those that dont want to play online and will also allow for any current players of PVZ to import all the character unlocks they have from the first Garden Warfare game
- EA Sports: In this years sports line up we saw the next installments for NHL, Madden, FIFA, NBA and Rory McIlroy PGA Tour but the real stand outs had to be PGA tour due to its usage of the Frostbite engine to allow player unlimited course access to play the ball wherever it lies and to also give player a chance to play on courses beyond imagination, FIFA 16 due to the inclusion of the one and only Pelé during the presentation and new features to make the game easier for players of all skill levels to compete and NBA because of the new in game engine and new facial recognition app that will allow player to put themselves directly into the game.
- Mobile Games: With the ever growing mobile games market, EA are not one to miss out and have worked to make some of their games iWatch compatible and announce 2 new mobile games. Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (a collectible card based RPG) and Minions Paradise where you work to together with other minions to survive on a desert island, with lots of little crafting and other activities to keep you playing.
- Mirrors Edge Catalyst: Fans of the Mirrors Edge franchise knew this was coming after some early teasers had been released, however we now have more insight into what helped to motivate and define Faiths character. We also got to see the free flowing movement and seamless gameplay that will make this game both enjoyable to play and visually stunning.
- Star Wars Battlefront: Well this was the big one that we had all been waiting for, EA showcased the many fine details within this new Star Wars experience and how their unprecedented access to the props and locations from the films helped to create a game that they feel, will be the game fans have been waiting for. EA also showed actual gameplay footage that had been captured on a PS4 during the Battle of Hoth in “Walker Assault”. The sheer scale of the battles, ability to swap between first and third person perspective and level of detail make this look phenomenal, not to mention iconic characters like Luke and Darth Vader battling it out in the snows of Hoth just helps to build the anticipation and excitement for what is sure to be a spectacular game.
With that all said and done EA wrapped up their presentation for 2015 but has definitely set a fantastic bench mark for upcoming games and I for one cannot wait for the new Need For Speed, Mirror Edge and of course Star Wars Battlefront.