Released yesterday (23rd April) Mario Kart 8 is the lucky recipient of a bunch of new content! I must admit, I’m not often excited about DLC but some of this stuff looks amazing! I can’t wait to lose many hours this weekend playing!
First up is the Animal Crossing downloadable content pack which delivers 8 new courses, 3 new characters and 4 new vehicles.
On the same day, a free downloadable game update for all Mario Kart 8 owners will enable races in a new super-speed 200cc racing class. To add to the feeling of racing at chaotic speeds, watch the sparks fly as Mario and others need to brake round those tight bends! In addition, the update will bring unlockable Mii racing suits for the following 9 amiibo characters: Wario, PAC-MAN, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man.
With the release of the upcoming DLC pack alongside a free update, Mario Kart 8 is set to offer yet more options for players to enjoy its unforgettable gameplay.
Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 – Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 – AU$10.00 (NZ$14.00)
- 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
- 4 Vehicles : Bone Rattler (Bike), City Tripper (Bike), Streetle (Kart), P-Wing (Kart)
- 8 Courses :
– Animal Crossing: A special Animal Crossing inspired course that changes season – spring, summer, autumn, winter – each time you race.
– Big Blue: A re-mastered version of Big Blue from the F-ZERO series.
– Super Bell Subway: Navigate an underground subway, and watch out for oncoming trains to reach the finish line.
– Wild Woods: Drive up and down a giant tree inhabited by Toads and Shy Guys and experience a mysterious landscape.
– Baby Park (GCN): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Double Dash! – prepare for a chaotic course comprising 7 laps.
– Cheese Land (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – full of cheese-themed obstacles and even a hungry giant Chain Chomp.
– Koopa City (3DS): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart 7 – drive through the pouring rain at night in a city controlled by Bowser, and decked out in dazzling neon lights.
– Ribbon Road (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – set in a miniaturised world packed with ribbons and toys.
Mario Kart 8 downloadable game update – free for all Mario Kart 8 owners
Main gameplay enhancements provided by the update:
- 200cc class added for Grand Prix (after completing all 150cc cups with a gold trophy), VS Race, and Online.
- 9 amiibo characters unlocking Mii racing suits: Wario, PAC-MAN, Olimar, Bowser, Sonic, Toad, Villager, Rosalina and Mega Man.
For the full lowdown on this upcoming content coming to Mario Kart 8 during 23rd April, a new trailer can be checked out on Nintendo’s official Facebook Page.